Wednesday, August 9, 2017

GOLF PICKS PGA CHAMPIONSHIP 2017

With a field this strong, anyone can you win. Put a little extra on a Favorite or two at low odds and then there's a ton of value at great odds (see below).

As you know, I am a huge Jordan Spieth fan. I would love to see him complete the grand slam. However, I am just waiting for him to realize he has lost a major (1st Masters) and several other tourneys due to his poor putting technique inside 10 feet. He gives up an average of almost 8 strokes per event missing short ones. That's insane! He compensates, but I wish he would just realize he needs to fix his short put technique.

Even my favorite golf commentator Brandel Chamblee excuses it, saying he plays late with the lead when puts are hard. Bullshit! Too much forward press, lifting, and flipping the club is his problem. I'll continue to preach - Low, Slow-Thru on short puts - Try it - tell me it doesn't work!

Rory McIlroy owns Quail Hollow and his distance will come in handy. The course will play long, leaving long approach shots, he has those shots in the bag when he's on. His play of late does not warrant 7-1, but his skill set and reputation here does.  
Coming up behind Jordan ad two young guns I think may follow in his footsteps. 

Patrick Cantlay and recent winner Xander Schaufelle (I can spell his name without looking it up ) no small feat.  

I also cant pass up Bubba Watson @80-1

Sleeper - good recent and at the event Tony Finau @100-1. He and Luke Donald @300-1 are also very good in the rain (looks like there will be a lot of it, expect delays). But so are Thomas, Scott, Rose and Keopka. So don't bet the farm, there are more potential winners than anyone can cover.

Worth a look James Hahn won and Danny Lee was first page at Quail Hollow for Travelers 2016

Bet Sheet 

No comments:

Post a Comment