Wednesday, July 2, 2014

GOLF PICKS GREENBRIER 2014


SOME HOT PLAYERS TRENDING
STEFANI
SUMMERHAYES
 STEELE
TODD
BEN MARTIN

SOME HAVE A GREAT RECORD THERE 
WALKER  
SUMMERHAYES
 DE JONGE 

OLDS PROS LIKE 
STRICKER 
WATSON
HAVE A CHANCE TOO

POWER RANKS



____________________________________

Round 2
____________________________________


Our Power Rank "Hurley" in the Lead!
 ____________________________________

Round 3
____________________________________




 I Blew it on Cabrera
Been betting him every week,
Didn't see him on the Sheet this week. 
Thought he was back in Europe for the Open's.
But he was on the sheet at 80-1!. 
That's gonna hurt real bad if he takes it. 

Our Power Ranks
Stricker and Hurley Holding Strong!

Stricker Still Has It!
Sank an Impossible looping 25 Footer


Family Affair
Stricker's wife is caddying for him 
His caddy is working the bag for his playing partner
Gets a covert high 5 from him after a great put.
Hope we see more of those tomorow
I Have Stricker $20 @ 60-1 $1200

If Not
Hope Hurley Can Close
$5 @ 125-1 $625
____________________________________

Final Round
____________________________________
 

Stricker Falls
From 2 Off the lead to 7 Back

Hurley Nose Dives
2 Lip Outs Didn't Help His Momentum


McNeil Out of Nowhere
Shoots a 61 to Take Clubhouse Lead
(-14)

Cabrerra Eagles - Moves to (-17)

Then on 17 - Only a 1 Shot Lead (-15)

On Par 5 17th Hole
On the Green in 2
Putted this 3rd shot from 45 feet
 Birdie (-16)
2 Shot Lead 
One Hole Left 

 McNeil Looks on From Clubhouse
His Hopes are Dashed
As I are Mine

 Angel Wins it Easy




 WORST SPORTS LOSS OF MY LIFE


1. First I picked Hurley at 125-1 
He had a 54 hole lead 
Bogied that away within the first few holes.

2. Had Stricker for $20 @ 60-1 = $1200
Guy was stead Eddy whole tourney. 
2 off the lead on Sunday
Looked like the favorite to pull through.
Crumbled to 7 back.

3. I Had McNeil at 80-1 
Shot 61 on Sunday - Took the Clubhouse Lead - Angel Just Played Better

4. Missed Cabrera on the Bet Sheet for $1600
If you read my blogs - you know Cabrera has been one of my favorites for weeks.
Last week at Congressional
Week Before at Travelers
He was this week too. But....
The History stats I pull did not have him on their List.
Guess He has Never Played Greenbrier
I didn't check the Paper sheet from the Book.

I Bet Stricker for $20
Would have done same with Cabrera $20 @ 80-1 = $1600 Easy Win!
That's how I almost missed Kaymer at the Us Open.
Didn't make Power Ranks
Didn't double check bet sheet.
I know better. 

5. I Really Like Angel. 
How can you not root for a guy who drops out of 6th grade to caddy-
to feed his family. 
I'll tell you how - forget to bet him. Have $400 on the clubhouse leader.
It should have been a Joyous win and hours 
of rewarding entertainment.  
Instead I had to root against one of my all time favorite players.
Then watch him win and $1600 fly out the window. 

6. Win Steak Should Still be Going
Should be 8 Wins in 10 Weeks Today.

Lesson Learned
 It takes a lot longer - but - I will cross reference the field every week.
Players who have never played a course - rarely win.
This exception bit me in the ass.
 I will also post any long shots from the hard sheet every week too. 
Whether they make the Power Ranks List or Not
Look for My "Gut Check" Early Post each week.

Moral of the Story
After an hour of cussing out loud - I had to remember something. 
I'm not perfect - never have been - never will be.
Stupid, Obvious,  Bonehead Mistakes are still just Mistakes.
Not my fist - Not my last.
Just had to get over myself. 
Win streak ends - $1600 Out the Window
But Smarter for it.


Guess handicappers...like QBs and Golfers...
Need to have a short term memories. 

Thanks for letting me Vent.
Ready for next week now.
Can Spieth Repeat at John Deere?



No comments:

Post a Comment